Tuesday, December 14, 2004

.



i start off this post with the symbolic dot.
named variously the "full stop", the "period", the aforementioned "dot" and lastly the common "damn my pen leaked", the power of the dot is never to be underestimated. it can utterly halt an overly garrulous, unpleasantly verbose man, rendering him completely silent, unable to plague the world any longer with his incessant chattering. Like so: .

*********************


i changed my profile today on several websites. there's something wonderful about changing "single" to "in a relationship".

altho the bit where i have to un-tick the "Dating men" box was utterly tragic.



i swear i'm kidding!!



speaking of homosexuality, Alexander is a very disturbing (VERY DISTURBING - nice and clear?) movie. I found the constant cuddlings and expressions-of-lust between men more than vaguely disquieting.... it was downright nauseating, really. The movie had that quality i had previously thought limited to school: Long, boring, and of the sort where you keep waiting for the person up front to die so you can leave the room and go home.

It was, to quote someone who's name i cant remember and who may well sue me for infringement of copyright/trademark, a sort of lousy Troy. so if you're like Ed and you thought Troy was bad enough....dont go near this one.





The time since the 5th (O thou most holy of days! Blessed by thy beloved sound, and may the music that is your name never pass from the lips of Men) has passed in something of a daze. a beautiful, wonderful, new-music-filled haze of...things.


I move from joy to joy, strength to strength
tripping the light fantastic with you
hand in hand and never scared
i sail thru skies azure and blue, white too.
caught up in feelings, ecastatic and hopeful
almost too happy to speak,
i find that when i see you nearby
my knees just disintegrate, they're so weak.



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++



the knowledge that people out there in the world actually have some appreciation for my blog is knowledge i wouldn't mind being broadened, if you get my drift :) what's more, the people that seem to like it are those who have opinions i RESPECT. now that's something special.

alternatively everyone could be exceptionally bored, and be turning to my blog out of utter ennui.





"my confidante, the only one who listens when i talk to myself." I'd almost forgotten you wrote that for me. do you remember? :) it brings a smile to my face....which means it brings a smile to my face, too, eh?






i was riding up an escalator today and there were two RJC kids in front of me. Yes, i said kids. I'm an old bastard now. 'least i feel like it. Anyhow. They both had the mandatory sagging pants and all that. y'noe how it is. So i saw their pants, and i was like "Oh my God. I once wore pants like that. Except they were blue,and thus looked worse."
The upshot of all of this is that i had an epiphany: We're all going to look back and be digusted/amused at the way we are now at some point in the future. Even though now we think we're the cat's pajamas (or the dog's nightie... whatever floats your boat) we probably look like utter morons. or we will, later. Quite a sobering thing, isnt it?

Altho no, of course i'm not going to stop sagging my pants.






.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home