Sunday, November 28, 2004

I wasnt planning to post anything today (Its the Sabbath! "Thou shalt not work." "Thou shalt thus work on other days" is the part i tend to ignore) but i saw the tag left by "Spaceybumper" who's name i shall not use here - we all like our anonymity dont we?


so this post is dedicated to and extrapolated from that tag. (ahhh extrapolated. the word rolls off the tongue. and then usually falls "plop!" to the floor when people dont understand it. But it rolls off the tongue, nonetheless)


First of all, Spaceybumper: Thanks for the tag. Its good to reconcile, even if its only after school has ended (the irony is Shakespearean, no?) I'm an ardent fan of yours too! (A la "OMG SYLVESTER!" fanaticism hahahaha) although i do believe the word you picked was "grudging". But we can forget abt diction now, cant we? I guess i apologise for the history lecture episode too - but c'mon you gotta admit that when the whole LT went up in laughter like flames it was pretty exhilarating right? or maybe its just me :) I think this whole episode shows how people can be big enough to get over things and part amicably. Of course, in this case it helps that both parties are highly intelligent, and possessed of simply scintillating intellects, right? Right?!


The second thing is that I think this shows the diplomatic possibilities of blogs and tagboards. Can you see the potential?
Imagine: Bush has a blog.........
"Alright I have to do this before Rice and Powell are all over me. We all know Osama isn't my favourite person, but I really must admit that he's doing a pretty good job with the bombings and terrorism and all that. So for all of you who can see that me, not being his number one fan, advocating bin Laden must mean something, find out more about this great man at www.alqaeda.com"

to which Osama responds, on Bush's tagboard (smileys and all)
"I've been a grudging fan of your bombings too, and apologise for whatever was my fault. Oh, good luck with Iraq"


and then they're all friends again!! wouldn't that be spectacular??







Oh yeah one other thing: I think "Still dont give a fuck" and all the other songs on the Slim Shady LP are absolutely brilliant. If you wanna buy an album for yourself this christmas, pick it up.



I end today's post with a line that's abnormally sappy of me, but i happen to like it.




Love remained the drug that's the high, not the pill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home