Friday, January 28, 2005

still cant believe i have titles!

first of all:

What is your weird quotient? Click to find out!



why the hell my weirdness quotient is so high, i do not know. But hey i take it as a perverse compliment! And its a test which actually makes some fucking sense, how's about that? I mean, an online test which
a) makes sense
b) gives a believable result (alright so i'm admitting to something there) and
c) has DECENT questions

is a fucking find. so take the test!


no, i receive absolutely zero monetary profit from plugging the site so shamelessly.


although if the creators of it happen to read this, i wouldnt mind a little cash, of course!




The second order of business (isn't senseless, useless, annoying bullshit grand) is that i am now the proud owner of a surfboard IN SINGAPORE. like fucking finally!


WAIT. I JUST CHECKED THE SOCCER NEWS IN ANOTHER WINDOW isn't it marvelous how you can do that AND CHELSEA FUCKING BEAT MAN U. GODDAMN FUCKING BLOODY HELL! HATE MAN U ALL YOU WANT, BUT WHO DOESNT SECRETLY FEEL CHELSEA IS A TEAM COMPRISED OF SNOTTY NOSED UPSTARTS? AND NOW THAT JOSE BITCH WILL NEVER FUCKING SHUT UP. SOMEONE SHOULD SMASH HIS FACE INTO ASPHALT. I MEAN SERIOUSLY.


pardon that. Yeah, so i got a Fish board off eBay for like $300. that's not too bad really. I'm pretty damn psyched. now i just gotta find me some waves.......





Onto the third topic.
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy has FINALLY been successfully (and completely) made into a film. Anyone who isnt a fan of Douglas Adams wont realise what a tremendously, humungously, tumultously, almost-terrifying-in-its-sheer-magnitude of a big deal this is. Am i getting thru to you? ITS COMING TO THE SILVER SCREEN KIDDIES. Watch for it!



Did i mention i've got a surfboard? i did? you sure? wait, lemme check...........

oh yeah i did. Hmmm that's strange.




++++++++++++++++++++++++


I usually try and avoid having anything to do with homosexual things (there's generally sufficient doubt regarding my sexual inclinations already; no, i dont bat for the other team! My door swings only one way - towards women!) but i have to admit that The Magnectic Fields have a most intriguing sound. They're really pretty good. One thing about their album that immediately struck me was that on the album insert they explicitly said "No synths" and it's bands like that i give my respect to.
So check out a song sometime! I particularly recommend "My Evil Twin" , i think its called. "I Die" isnt too bad either.





While i'm doing the recommendation thing (but still, sadly, receiving NO cash for it) everyone who's even vaguely interested in writing (in English, that is) should read, at least once before they die, "A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius". if the title doesnt immediately grab you, maybe dont bother. Also, if you cant appreciate said title for the sheer virtuosity it represents, once again, maybe dont bother. Its by Dave Eggers, and he is utterly refreshing.
For those of you who know your reviewers (blessed few that you are, i think) The Washington Post, New York Times and the Boston Chronicle all thought it was fantastic. That says something, people!

If you cant find it in stores (it was published circa 2002, but i'd never heard of it till i saw it at a sale) drop me a line. I'm glad to lend books for a greater cause.


If you'd like a little taste of what parts of it are like, scroll down two posts to the one which has a section with the refrain "I meet the girl" and read that bit. Obviously, im not arrogant enough to say its exactly like his (alright so i am, and "obviously" really shouldnt be in this sentence, as my "fans" surely know. but let's keep this a family show, alright?) but then i didnt write it to be just like his. I may as well just copy a page if that was wat i wanted! but it was definitely inspired by his style. see what you think. leave a tag!









Lastly..... my baby's getting good! This is a fantastic thing. 'nuff said!



slither just slither and slither
thru my heart you go, making me wither
i crumble and drop, i die, my heart stops.
stumble forward when you say come hither.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home