Wednesday, January 12, 2005

OH MY FUCKING GOD. how long since i had titles?

"Its a monster!" she said
as she rolled 'cross the bed
hid and covered her sweet pretty eyes
"Its a monster!" she cried
as she squirmed by my side
and i looked straight at her in surprise.
"Its a monster!" she screamed
(yet still her eyes gleamed);
she continued to shrink far away -
"Its a monster!" she said,
but came back 'cross the bed
and then - there was naught more to say.



this thing (i made a typo and "ting" appeared on my screen. My fingers are all scions of Judas) gets in here coz (its funny - that's one of the very few annoying short-form words i employ. there's simpatico when it comes to that one, tho - damn there's another one!) i think its deserving of publication! i love it =)


Plus, that poem is really pretty damn fucking bloody hilarious, in a manner most abundant with joie de vivre, as well as good old humour - if i may say so myself. which i bleeding well can, of course. joys of blogging =)


so thank you =) (that smile's 100% tooth-free)



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *





just took a coupla seconds to reread that poem. i really actually think its pretty good :) alright so it's no Chaucer, or even Yeats (i dont think much of the latter - Keats is far far better. Greater breadth of vision) but its fun! these days anyone can be a poet anyway - all they've got to do is come up with some lousy verse and ta-dah! that's it. now excuse the pun, but where's the poetry in that?

It should be a calling, not an excuse used to cover the essential core fact that said "poet" HAS no damn job. no career, no vocation, no employment - other than that of all-around lowlife, while moonlighting as a living insult to the great body of English Literature.


But let's not embark on a crusade. I leave that to medieval Christians and modern-day Muslims.

For members of the latter group who wish to kill me (members of the former having long become dust) my address is 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.







I sent an email to Mr David Fahy recently and he replied! to me, its special enough to deserve posting here:


Dear Timothy
Thank you for those thoughtful, delightful words; really and truly.And what an unexpected but very pleasant surprise (as indeed the best of surprises always are).
A real pleasure to hear from you without a doubt. A Lit related / based career for you, yes why not. I would honestly say you have talent, and potential. Very much so!
If you like we can meet up sometime...and shoot the shit so to speak in more relaxed surroundings.
Meanwhile all the best for 2005

Mr Fahy




I want that down for posterity, in the event of such unlikely events as Yahoo crashing and going bankrupt, thus causing me to lose all email storage. Its one of the few letters (using the term broadly here, of course) that's dear to me, because out of all the teachers i had at Catholic Junior College, David Fahy gets by far the most of my respect.


And it has very close to nothing to do with him being white!!


(had to throw that in for the legions of cynics)




In closing: I cannot believe what came into contact with my face today. It is indelibly etched in my mind.

1 Comments:

Blogger Han said...

Hi,

you happen to have Mr Fahy's email address?

I was his student many years ago and I heard that he recently left CJC to return to Ireland. I have been trying to find a way to get in touch with him. Do you happen to have his contact?

Thank you

Han

7:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home