Wednesday, February 09, 2005

there's been a fair bit floating thru my head, but right now the most important thing is:

I GOT 1470 FOR MY SATS.
Please leave now, if that affects you in any negative way you can possibly think of.
Now.
(Anyone ever read "AHWOSG"? its a very select group that have. you'll know what that is if you're one of them)
First the breakdown: I got a perfect score for the verbal section (which for some reason seems to have surprised people. It IS possible, you realise this?) but only 670 for Maths. This leaves me in the somewhat miserable position of having halfway made it.
I basically find myself in the quandry of being in a position most seem to envy, but which i personally find somewhat less than satisfactory. I was at least hoping for a 1500+ score (as i'm sure you all knew, and, probably, laughed at) and aiming for a perfect score, and while i've come pretty damn close to that, i havent quite hit it have i?
So.
Part of me wants to be absolutely overjoyed, because 1470 is really a pretty damn fine score. it'll get you into any course and any university in the States, including law or medicine from what I've seen, but it wont quite get you scholarships at Harvard or Princeton. Well not the really sweet ones.
There is this! With my verbal score, I beat 99% of all college-bound entrants, and my math score beat 93%. That's pretty fantastic! Plus a 'good' score is about 1100 or 1200, apparently. Average is about 1150 or something? So there's much to be happy about I suppose.
The other part, of course, is indescribably pissed with myself for not preparing earlier. because really, maths is just practice. especially the maths in the SATS. two and a half years of not touching the damn thing will obviously not have helped. does that come as any surprise?
I guess i'll feed the scores to unis and see how that goes down. ah well.
In other news: Surfing was semi-decent in Malaysia.
Can you tell which topic is foremost in my head?
I leave you with the blessings of our Lord, who may not be your Lord per se, but probably is, all things considered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home