Tuesday, August 10, 2004

everybody cries they say
everybody lies
everybody breathes they say
and everybody dies

but somehow that seems strange to me
that we should all believe
so completely what is given us
shoved in our faces. can you breath?

for i feel "them" pressing down on me
their weight upon my spine
it crushes me and makes me small
and their rules, they break my mind.
______________________________________________________

pretty bastard, self obsessed
you'll never see how you are blessed
others crawl there 'neath your feet
the air they breath aint cool and sweet
its smog-filled, black and nearly lethal.
but you know naught about such people
you live your life far, far above
such people with no time for love
no time for anything, i'd say
its work work work work work each day.
and yet you, with such time to kill
are bored and tired, popping pills.
what they would give to spend one hour
in your shoes. to feel the power

you hold ever so casually in your hands.

___________________________________________

i still dont know whats going on
dont know which damn direction
my fucking life is going in
all they want is pure perfection

they want me to give them the best
but for WHAT? i put it to you.
why the fuck am i still striving hard
when, when all this shit is through

i still dont know what to do?

________________________________________


its like an invisible wall
which crowds around all
holding in thrall
till death.

society's pressure
corrupts and kills leisure
we no longer take pleasure
in breath.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home