Saturday, February 26, 2005

Could my inspiration be drying up? I logged on to Blogger today and I could barely think of anything to say. That is, of course, I had enough matter within my head that needed to be expelled to fill several planets' worth of books, but i couldn't EXPRESS it. I suppose even the best of people (read: Me) suffer from the occasional writer's block. I wonder how the average joe (read: Not me. No, really, i mean it. I'm totally talking about someone else here. Hey why're you laughing?) gets over it?




And would you look at that? I guess i, at least, have managed to surmount that concrete obstacle, that hugely looming apparition, the veritable fucking SKYSCRAPER that is writer's block, or "TUIENDX W+" for short.

Did you just blink?

The beauty of the human mind. You can set it up in a completely normal situation, and it thinks "Oh sure I know what's coming. Why even bother to keep reading?" and then BOO you dang pull the fucking rug-from-Persia out from under their mental feet, and SPLAT there they are lying on their faces - so to speak, of course.




Those dreaded things we usually call the A level results, but should in actual fact refer to as "OH MY GOD LOOK AT THAT SATAN HAS A POSTAL SERVICE TOO" proof, will, within the bounds of realistic probablity, be released within a fornight. Some are saying as soon as next Friday. So how, then, my brothers and sisters, shall we live? Are we to tremble in fear, cowering and quavering, shivering whilst we await our impending doom? Should we crouch in corners, hands over our eyes (with nothing over our ears for lack of sufficient dexterity in our other limbs - we can't ALL be gymnasts) and hearts in our mouths? Should we spend our remaining days in perpetual trepidation and anxiety, praying fervently to gods we hope can help, while we drip, drip, drip cold sweat?


Nay, say I! We shall march boldly into the future, regardless of our results. On the day itself (peace be upon it) we shall stride with great steps into the auditorium, glancing neither to the left hand of darkness nor the right of righteousness, peering with eagle's eyes through the mists of the future - the mists soon to be parted by certificates. We will show no fear on that day, because there shall BE no fear. We will be gods, you and I, unfeeling, unafraid, and, to be honest, unaware. Nothing shall shake our foundations, for we will be the very bastions of confidence and security. People will look upon us in awe, wondering what it takes to give us such self-possession, and they will dumbly stumble after us, trailing in our wake. We Shall Show No Fear.






Yeah fucking right. Help!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home