Monday, April 18, 2005

As soldiers, we sometimes just know when a cause becomes something we can't fight for any more. Somewhere down the line, when we're fighting hand-to-hand in the enemy trenches, battling tooth and nail, hand and claw, we realize - even while fighting for our lives - that we should just give up. That whatever point there was to start with has been so blunted by bloodshed and hate that it's now completely pointless. That no matter how hard we try, no matter how many enemies we conquer, no matter how many unwashed unbelieving infidels we strive to convince and convert, through force of arms or scintillating weapons of wit, we will never succeed.


Some would say my effort to educate people on the merits of Limp Bizkit is such a war without any hope of true progress. That no matter what arguments i put before an unenlightened public, they will remain unable to attain satori. Such advisors would counsel me to give up, having fought the good fight, and ride off into the sunset, unbowed, undefeated, but ultimately unsuccessful. I, however, respond to such naysayers by loudly crying NO! Never shall I retire from this field of battle. Relentlessly will I continue; being only one, I shall strike from the shadows when there is naught to see me, and slowly, slowly, but steadily shall I follow my chosen plan of attrition. I'll push, push and keep pushing, until finally, at last I shall have all listening to the greatest rap-metal band on Earth!



*please insert evil laughter here*


Alright that's all I'll say on that. I thought i'd turn one or two sentences (which would've expressed about the same thing - but in far less words. Where's the fun in that?) into a rather longer bit of entertainment - if only for me. But hey in the end that's what this whole rigmarole is about, isn't it. Good old numero uno.


(the secret's out!)


+ + + + + +


I dont write half as much as i'd like to these days, and the stuff I write half the time isn't half as good as I'd like. (Anyone remember good old Bilbo?). Still, there's really nothing to be done for it. Life gets more and more hectic the older i grow (by Jove! The Second Law pops up again!) and time constraints well, constrain, more and more. Sorta like that giant monstrosity ... what's it called. Anaconda yeah that's it. Now THERE'S an analogy that hasnt been heard! Sure, we've got "Life only gets worse", "It only stops when you're dead" and all that jolly shit. But "Life is an Anaconda that only grows bigger"? Ain't nobody never said that!


Its pretty said, because not a day goes by where there isn't something I'd like to write about - if only to preserve that day's special thought or insight (there's always at least one) for posterity. But more often than not I don't get around to it, and that thought flits away, a brief sparking of neurons which is almost certainly a one-off.



* * * * * *

Time ticks by
My, how it flies,
We watch it pass
And hardly grasp
How soon our eyes
Will close
Forever.


^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^


Rather morbid I must say
In fact I don't know why I said it.
I wonder what you lot will think
Just after you have read it?
Will you blink and scratch your head
Or p'raps some less nice place?
I don't really care, I'll sit and stare
At that vague look on your face.

Once done with looking i'll stand up
Walking off into the stars
I'll make one or two quick stops
Maybe Mercury and Mars.
I doubt that I will stay for long
(The first one's pretty hot)
I'll try and avoid small li'l men
I don't want to get shot.

When I'm done with those two planets
I'll head off to pretty stars
White dwarfs, red suns, big black holes
And those strange ones called pulsars.
When I'm done with all that stuff
I'll probably head on back.
And then, being pretty tired
I'll maybe hit the sack.


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Deepest, darkest, hidden desires
Trip the light fantastic tonight
They're dancing, dancing all over the place
Watch out or you'll get a fright.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home