Friday, December 08, 2006

Oh Joy Overbrimming!

Short and simple this shall be
Perhaps its the epitome
Of that virtue - Simplicity.
In closing - I am Timothy.




You see, 20 years ago, my prescient parents (alliteration!) knew that one day I would need a name that rhymed, a name that would fit, a name that BELONGED. and so they called me Timothy.




This is purely a results post! I'm quite the happy trooper, because most things have gone up (and I wasn't really sure I'd get the distinction for Guitar. I personally think its unfair that dazzling technique is what gets you a high distinction. What about dazzling musicality!). For comparative purposes, I've included both semesters. because 30 years down the track, I won't have access to the Conservatorium website any more, perhaps, but (presumably) i'll still be coming here.



Guitar (Major) - Semester 1 75% Semester 2 75% (Ok, can't argue! Its better than a credit. Must work on technique! because The Man dictates the rules of the game, and I scurry along trying to avoid the falling dice)

Strings Performance Class - Semester 1 74% (I know wtf right. 1 more % wouldnt kill you!) Semester 2 82% (Yeah!!!)

Historical and Cultural Studies - Semester 1 76% (which was annoying) Semester 2 85% (which, obviously, isn't. Yeah!!! i say again)

Aural Perception - Semester 1 69% (which is, of course, disgusting) Semester 2 81% (which is better. Thrice Yeah!!! I cry)

Harmony and Analysis - Semester 1 88% (which was extremely fantastic, especially considering the last time I did ANY theory was 2002, and that was grade 5) Semester 2 77% (which makes me somewhat morose).

Music History 1 - 69% (slack, tim. Very slack) Music History 2 - 68% (TIM. you slovenly, porcine waste of SPACE. this is the era of BACH and you did so atrociously.)


HD = 85% D = 75% C = 65% P = 50% YFYN = <50%

(where HD = High Distinction, D = Distinction, C = Credit, P = Pass and YFYN = You Failed You Neanderthal)

And (just for the record) in semester 1 I got 84% for Music Tech (i cannot BELIEVE he didn't add 1%) and 76% for Music Through Literature. which is a wonderful course.



I know, i know. Its disgusting, getting 68% for baroque music history. Believe me, I know. I should've actually DONE something!

ah well. Still, my average has gone up from 76% last semester to 78% this one! Next year - a high distinction average.


I have become utterly unlike the me of yesteryear.


The prose today is neither witty, stunningly insightful, nor cutting with a cynical edge - in short, nothing pretty. I'm aware. Better next time, maybe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home